How Barclays protects you
Barclays takes the security of your personal and financial information very seriously.
New, simplified log-in process is quick and secure
A new way to verify your identity, for greater security.
Whether you're signing in to your account using our website or mobile app, you'll no longer have to confirm your security phrase and image.
Now, just enter your username and password once, on a single screen. If we don't recognize your device for any reason, we'll ask you to confirm your identity by answering your security questions, or by entering a SecurPass™ code.
SecurPass™ code - Email, Text or Phone Call
We've added this verification method to help confirm your identity when you attempt to log in on an unknown device. We'll send your SecurPass™ code to either the email, cell or phone number we have on file, your choice. Simply enter the SecurPass™ code in place of your password when you log in to your account on the same device you used to request the code.
Use your mobile to stay ahead of fraud
Find out right away if your account is at risk.
As a Barclays cardmember, you can receive free Fraud Text Alerts that tell you when there's suspicious activity on your account. They help protect your card in real time, so you can shop with confidence - in-store and online.
But for everything to work as planned, we need to have your current contact information - particularly your mobile phone number. Why not check your online account now, and make sure your information's up to date!
You can also opt in to receive any or all of these additional text alerts:
- Payment received
- Payment due
- Credit card daily usage (number of transactions)
- Credit card daily usage (in dollars)
- Approaching credit limit
- Paper statement ready
- All transactions, one-by-one, as you use your card
Sign up for these text alerts through your Barclays online account. From your Account Summary page, simply select Edit My Alerts.
Our approach to online security
Barclays has your back with the latest online security technology.
With all the news about credit-card fraud and data breaches, here's what we're doing to boost your online security when you log in to your account:
- Our sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to offer a 2048-bit secure link between your browser and us. A Global Digital certificate signed by Symantec assures that you're communicating with Barclays and not a copycat site.
- There's a time-out built in to your logon session, So your connection to our site will be closed after a short period of inactivity. This protects you when you forget to sign out.
- We use firewalls and other technology to block unauthorized traffic to our site. Our up-to-date monitoring routines stop unauthorized access.
- Not only is all communication between you and Barclays encrypted, it's also encrypted between Barclays and our business partners. This is one more way we're doing everything we can to protect your information.
- You may wish to use a third-party app or financial aggregator to consolidate and manage your financial data. Due to increasing threats of fraud on financial websites and mobile apps, and in order to protect cardmember data, we no longer allow non-java script enabled browsers to access to our site. In addition, we now require a one-time passcode security step when our customers log in from an unknown device or IP address. Third-party apps/financial aggregators should be able to accommodate these requirements in order to maintain the security of your data.
When you bank with us, you can rest a little easier.
Use your card with confidence
Count on Barclays' $0 Fraud Liability protection.
With our fraud liability coverage, you aren't responsible for unauthorized purchases made with your card that you report to us. It doesn't matter if your card is lost, stolen or breached - online or offline - you're protected.
Call it "business as usual":
- Shop with confidence
Use your card to make purchases anywhere in the world.
- Report unauthorized transactions immediately
Keep an eye on your monthly statements and be sure to tell us right away if you spot any unusual account activity. Simply call the number on the back of your card.
- Get resolution fast
If you let us know about an unauthorized transaction, we'll investigate it and correct the issue as quickly as possible.
So, rest easy knowing that we've got you covered.